I have not even blogged Christmas yet and here we are off to a new year! We had a wonderful Christmas vacation. Lazy days, many lazy days! We usually drive to Florida to visit my parents and brother for Christmas but chose to stay home instead and will visit family in a couple of weeks. We were not up to the four days of travel time and hauling all of the gifts south and then back north again so we opted to enjoy our vacation at home this year. It was the laziest of vacations. There were a couple of days where we just bathed and changed the kids pajamas in the evening - they never got dressed! You would have thought I could have easily caught up on laundry but that wasn't the case :-)!!
Through the business of the weeks leading to Christmas it was a nice time to reflect on the true meaning of Christmas and to keep the 'CHRIST' in the season - afterall, that is why we celebrate Christmas! This year was the first year that I had a non Santa believer in the house - no, not my oldest either - it would be Benjamin my 6-year old who continuously for weeks asked HARD questions and demanded the truth. He served as an elf this year :-) So sad. Everyday I am reminded of how fast my children are growing up and how everyday is truly a gift. More on that later!
Big hit this year under the tree was of course, the WII!!!! Our whole family has enjoyed it - bowling, tennis, speed racer!! Now I just need to get the Wii Fit to help me with my resolutions :-)
Sophia loved her Nintendo DS (first video game to enter into the family), Benjamin loved his Bakugans (little collector pieces that he throws around to watch them pop open) and his great assortment of challenging Legos, and William - he loved his Speed Racer track and his Wall E Laptop.
Vacation, as usual, was much to short! I would have loved to have another week with no schedule and time with my little ones but, this week we are off to routines and school and resolutions! Oh, and did I mention birthdays? Yes, Sophia turns 9 next week. She is having a sleepover on Friday - wish me luck - more details on that later!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
A Very Merry Christmas
Posted by The Hudson Family at 7:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment