View from the airplane window - beautiful, amazing Mt. Ranier!
I have been putting off my blog for so long because I was so far behind. I have decided to skip a few months and post from the present considering we have had considerable changes in our life/home/location over the past month.
On July 13th the packers showed up at our door and completely packed us out of our home in Chesapeake. On Sunday morning, July 19th the kids and I flew off to the Pacific Northwest - next stop Seattle-Tacoma Airport! We were fortunate enough to still have a dear friend in the area who dropped us off in August 2002 to move to Virginia - we were lucky enough to have her pick us up on our return to what I call "God's country". It was the most beautiful flight in. Grand views of Mt. Ranier, Mount St. Helens and numerous snow covered mountains. The kids were on the edge of the airplane seats! After a joyous reunion, Melissa drove us to our new home in beautiful Silverdale, Washington on the Kitsap Peninsula. I had only seen pictures of the house. A wonderful friend found and photographed the house in detail so that I could decide if it would be our home for the next 3 years. No question, it was the one! We love it and feel so blessed! It is more than I could have asked for and I have promised Pete that we will not grow into it like all the others. I actually have kitchen cabinets that are empty!
The past few weeks (wow! has it really been that long?) have been full of work unpacking boxes (over 250 of them) but lots of fun as well! My mom visited for a week to help me unpack and hang the heavy stuff up. It was so nice to have her here. I always have a wonderful time with her. We have made several trips out to Scenic Beach State Park in Seabeck (only 10 minutes away) to let the kids look for sealife at low tide. Last week the kids attended a Vacation Bible School at the church where William will attend preschool. They had a blast! Daily they have been enjoying all of the wildlife and nature that our backyard has to offer. I am sure I will have more of that to post about at a later date.
Mixed in with all of the fun and excitement there have been some not-so-fun times as well. We had to say goodbye to dear friends who moved one week after we moved here. We will miss the Fullers, but are so thankful for having a week and a half with them!
Sad but funny as I look back - William had a meltdown one day after getting in trouble for something he did. He had recently bought a cactus in a plant pot at Home Depot - this cactus had a little plastic handle on it. Well, after getting in trouble I hear the front door open and out walks William, down over the front porch, carrying his little cactus by the little plastic handle, sobbing his little heart out. I asked him where he was going and his reply was "I am going home, I have had it with this place!!". I can laugh about it now but at the time my heart just broke for the little guy. All three kids have been emotional at times and I am sure a big part of it is because Pete has also been gone since March - lots of changes at our house. It will be a joyous reunion in September when he returns!
I will post a few pictures for now of the past month. We miss all of our friends in Virginia but we are only a phone call, email or facebook away. No news on when Pete will take command of his submarine yet but we will keep everyone posted. This year is going to be a very eventful year for us!
We will miss our house of 5 years in Chesapeake, lots of good memories there!
One enormous truck that was almost entirely packed! 18,700 pounds of "stuff"!
William mighty relieved that the driver stopped in time with van at the tippy top of the truck!
Seattle Bound!
Benjamin with his girls - Rachel and Lauren Fuller
Vacation Bible School
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Catching up!
Posted by The Hudson Family at 12:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
Oh April!!! I must be honest...I have to hold my breath to keep back the tears! I saw some of these pics on FB and couldn't comment...it hurt my heart! I didn't even get to say goodbye!! :( But, PLEASE keep blogging so we can keep up!! I'm so glad that ya'll are there...happy, healthy & well!! But, I still wish ya'll were here...I will MISS your smiling face every Sunday morning!!! Love you bunches!!
Sue :)
Our kids played at the same park many times! It is beautiful country.
We miss you!
What a beautiful new home and the pics at the beach bring me back there in the blink of an eye. It truly is "God's country" and such a great place to raise the kiddos. Say "hi" to the PacNorWest for me!
Post a Comment