Well, the first day has gone smoothly (so far)! Benjamin and Sophia were both jumping out of their beds at 6 a.m. without a single complaint, both got themselves dressed in their new school clothes and came down for their choice of breakfast items. Sophia had a cherry, banana smoothie and Benjamin had Fruit Loops (reduced-sugar :-)). I packed their lunch boxes with all of their favorites (including a little card for each of them in there). We were out front taking pictures at 6:50 and Benjamin was on the bus at 7:05 and Sophia at 7:15. I am feeling bad though because not a day goes by during the school year that I don't pray with each of them on the way to the bus stop and this morning, with all of the excitement and picture taking - I FORGOT! Needless to say, I have been covering them in prayer all morning. I have been also reading 1 Peter 5:7, “Cast all your anxiety on Him because he cares for you.” I tend to be anxious and worried about all of the things that might happen to my children. I have been reminding myself this morning that they are His and He will protect them. Funny thing is - that verse was in my devotional this morning from Proverbs 31. It is funny how God gives us the gentle reminders :-)! I am sure the day will fly by for them - for me, not so sure!
Daddy was even home this year to see them get on this bus!
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
First Day - Back to School!
Posted by The Hudson Family at 9:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
They are getting SO big! I still remember having little Ben with me in the nursery for my VERY first year of helping with Summer's Best...so that was 5 years ago! Crazy! They get big SOOO darn fast!
Post a Comment