
Any Southerners out there? Have you ever been to a Low Country Boil?? Well, let me tell you... John and Mendy know how to put one on. Last night all the Coach Directors (from our preschool ministry at church) and their families went to the lake and followed an afternoon in the sand with a good ole Low Country Boil. For those of you who are not familiar with one - it is a "one pot dish" usually made up of seafood (we had yummy shrimp), sausage, potatoes and corn on the cob. They cook it in a big boiling pot outside (aka turkey fryer) and then the unbelievable part to me........ they drain it and pour it out down a long table. It was a free for all!!! I strategically located myself across from the largest pile (hehe) with Connie on the other side and Denise to my left :-)! It was quite the experience. The kids enjoyed themselves and were quite impressed with the overall experience. Sophia was in pure heaven eating all the shrimp her little heart desired! Really no pressure for table etiquette here! What a great evening of laughs and fantastic food!

Connie and her little pile of smashed potatoes. Sour cream please.......









4 comments:
What a great time we had with a great bunch of people! I think the Children's Ministry gang rocks!
Thank You Mendy for a showing us how others really eat!
Never heard of anything like that, but anything where your hands are the utencils is awesome! You guys have an amazing comraderie that is evident as you serve alongside each other. What a great day!!
How fun is that! What a cool idea. I consider myself a southerner, but I've never been to a "low country boil"...I thought you were referring to our recent heatwave:) haha!
Fun, Fun Fun!!! We do this at my mom's house and love it! Glad you had a nice time together:)
Post a Comment