background

Saturday, June 21, 2008

My husband rocks!!!!!


I just have to tell you all that I have the most amazing husband!! I was getting ready to leave for our day out and in he walked (from his "supposed" meeting) with my parents from Florida. He flew my mom and dad in to watch our munchkins for two nights/three days so we could leave town :-)! First of all let me just say.... I didn't have the slightest idea, not even the slightest - and I always figure out his surprises. I certainly was speechless!!
He told me to pack my suitcase and we left with the GPS programmed for what was a 4 1/2 hour trip. He would only give me hints along the way. I thought for sure it was somewhere in DC but after we hit DC we started heading West on 50. We ended up in a wonderful B&B in Annapolis, MD called The Inn at 30 Maryland. You are probably wondering why Annapolis? Pete didn't go to the Naval Academy. Well, Annapolis is so rich in history and is the most quaint little city (once the capital of our country). We parked our car for the stay and walked the beautiful brick walkways to everything. The tour of the Naval Academy was wonderful. We were amazed at the size of the "dormitory" (Bancroft Hall) that houses around 4400 midshipmen. The French Renaissance architecture was amazing!
We had a wonderful time eating at all the sidewalk cafes and drinking endless lattes while watching boaters parade their stuff down Ego Alley. If you haven't been, I recommend a stay in downtown Historic Annapolis!
My parents did an amazing job on the home front! The kids had a special treat having Grandma and Papa surprise them too! We barely got goodbyes out of them but the reunion again on Friday night was priceless! Thank you so much to my parents for dropping everything to come here for our special time and especially thank you to Pete for making our 20th Anniversary so memorable and such a special, relaxing time!!!


4 comments:

Natalie said...

What a treat! Pete does rock and I am so glad you had this wonderful experience:)

dandsratz said...

OH MY WORD!!! That gives me chills!! What a perfectly exquisite weekend!!! GOOO Pete!!

Jayne said...

What an amazing surprise!! Sounds like a great place to visit. Nothing better on a romantic getaway weekend than staying in a B&B!! One of my favorites.

Mandy said...

What a wonderful surprise!!! He gets major brownie points:) It sounds like you both had some sweet together time, and don'tcha just love when you don't have to worry about your kids?!

Busch Gardens July 2008