background

Monday, June 30, 2008

My Latest Project

I have been working on this "idea" for Sophia's room since Homearama last year. Did anyone see the house with the pink and black bedroom? Well, I loved that room! I am big on coming up with all of these 'great' ideas but never executing them. This weekend I FINALLY got her walls painted! Below you will see the letters I made for her wall and her paintings. I also made some girly lampshades and am currently working on a rag quilt for her bed. The pressure is on to get that done now. Pete keeps asking me if I think she is a princess or something. She is my princess!!!


7 comments:

momof5boys said...

WOW!! You have such a wonderful talent! Sophia must love being in her special place! Will you come help decorate my princess' room when I need it! Beautiful job my friend!

Jayne said...

Please tell me you did not draw those yourself?!!!! It looks amazing already. Love, love the name letters. Next time I have an ounce of an idea, I'm coming to you for all the little ideas.

The Hudson Family said...

Denise and Jayne, You're so sweet. I really did paint them but I cheated and used the church's overhead projector to project the design onto the wall. The girl walking the dog I outlined and painted in with the overhead off and the eiffel tower I painted while projecting it. The letters are wooden letters with scrapbook paper adhered with ModPodge and embellished. I am truly the ModPodge queen. If it will stay still long enough, I can Modpodge it!! april

Mandy said...

Wow! This is beautiful! You are a woman of many talents! I know who to turn to for ideas now. How wonderful for Sophia to have such a special room...even more so because its a "Momma Original":)

Natalie said...

Very cool. You are so crafty!!! I love it:)

dandsratz said...

April, 1st, I LOVE LOVE LOVE your page!! It makes me so happy to come to your blog...see the awesome family picture--with Title, I might add! :) Love the music, background...its just a happy page for a happy family! Now, to Sophia's room--I think that its AMAZING!!! Want to come help me do Madeline's!! :)

Heather J said...

Love it!! Another reason for me wanting a girl -to decorate her room!!! I've got to go to Homerama this year!

Busch Gardens July 2008