
After 8 1/2 years of parenting I had my first trip to the ER for a head wound! Not the kind of souvenir you want to bring back from a trip! We were having a family gathering at the cottages and were about 20 minutes into the festivities. One of the other children misaimed a relatively large rock and hit Sophia square at the hairline of her forehead while she was swimming. I have never seen such a mess in all of my experiences with head wounds. Sophia handled it like a trooper while I tried to maintain some composure - I really just wanted to pass out :-) Pete and I took her to the local ER where they stitched her forehead up. You can see a little bit in the photo - it is right up on the hairline (thankfully) about an 1 1/4 inches and she has a little divot on the middle of her head that didn't require stitching. She was so brave and barely even flinched when they stitched it, only 3 little stitches to minimize scarring. We had the stitches removed today and she is on the road to healing!
I think Benjamin was the most affected by the trauma. He cried and cried and wanted to know when she was going to be back. He wouldn't come out of the cottage and wanted to just get in his bed and go to sleep (slept 14 hours that night). Needless to say he was delighted to wake up to see her snug in bed :-)
Monday, August 11, 2008
Sophia's Trip to the Bridgton ER
Posted by The Hudson Family at 10:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
Oh my goodness! Poor thing (Sophia and her Momma!!) That had to be horrifying for you. I'm glad she is okay. We've missed having her in class. Will you all be back in church this week?
Post a Comment