
Today was one of those lazy days. I hung out in the back yard with the kids. Sophia has this little garden back there that her Grandma and Grandpa from Maine planted for her. She has been anxiously awaiting some sign of "something to eat". Well today she was thrilled to find the most delicious little watermelon growing. Look real hard in the picture and you will see it :-) It fits right in the palm of her hand. It is amazing to me how excited she gets over nature. She loves plants, bushes, anything flowery or green. I think that, for her, it might mean a new critter to spot. We have every bug catching device, net or cage you could imagine. The simple things that thrill them!!
Speaking of critters, we had company today - we have a duck that WILL NOT leave us alone. Every time we are in the backyard he/she comes walking up to greet us. Granted we have been known to give him a slice of bread, or two, or three..... Today the kids kept trying to chase him back to the water and within 5 minutes he would be right back for more.
Today was a big day for William. He finally was determined to drive Benjamin's John Deere tractor by himself. He is usually completely content to be chauffered around everywhere, pointing his little finger to where he wants to go. Not today... He hopped right into the driver's seat and ended up wearing the battery out! Today his little finger just pointed to wear he wanted Benjamin to sit. He kept driving by me and saying "Mommy, I not driving in your gardens!". As if I could ever be upset if he did!! He brings such joy right when I need it most!!!
I don't feel a bit guilty that my house is a mess and my laundry is stacked high! It was a pleasure watching my children play and explore all afternoon. If only I had Merry Maid catching up on the inside :-)!


Thursday, July 10, 2008
Backyard Adventures!
Posted by The Hudson Family at 6:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment