background

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Bedtime

Nothing is more precious than following my three little ones up the stairs in the evening. I don't know if I feel that way because I am ready for a little "mommy time" or just because they usually look so cute heading up there. Usually it is a big game of chase. Pete uses that tactic to alleviate some of the whining because they have to go to bed. He has figured out that if he says "who's going to beat me!!??" it makes it all laughs instead of whining. When mommy takes them up they are usually trying to protect their bottom ends from getting my crab pinchers - usually that will turn all whining into giggles! Tonight was unique. We were home late from church so it was more like a slow procession up the stairs with some priceless conversation :-)
We had to show William on the wall how we could all make shadows and even toys could make shadows.
William: "I don't want to sleep alone. I scared of all the shadows in my room."
Benjamin: "Oh William.... don't be scared, God is with you in your room."
William: "No He's not Benjamin, He's not in my room."
Benjamin: "Oh yes He is William. You can't see Him cause God is camouflaged but He's there!"
Oh... from the mouth of babes! Benjamin has the most tender little heart, always trying to comfort William from his fears. Sometimes he can be so impatient with William and he certainly has his moments where he is outright mean but for the most part I see such a precious sweet spirit. I told him earlier today that I thought for sure God was smiling down at him. He is going to make some lady a fine husband. He is so caring and gentle and is always looking out for others. I love you Benjamin James! You make your momma proud!!

2 comments:

momof5boys said...

Oh benjamin is such a little sweetheart! I love their child like thinking on how they see God! We too love the races upstairs to see who can get in their beds first!
I hope you are haveing a good Thursday!!!

Love ya!

Natalie said...

Kevin does the "who can beat me" game too...somehow it doesn't work as well as Pete's:)

Busch Gardens July 2008