background

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fourth of July with NO fireworks!!


That's right.... NO FIREWORKS! Sad to admit this was the first year that we took our children to see "city" fireworks. We drove over to the Naval Hospital and met the Dalton's and the Melton's - prime view of the city's fireworks and then........ the thunder rolled in. Unbelievable! We still had great fun visiting and, as usual, the kids had a great time playing with their friends. I thought about cliparting some fireworks in but no luck with that :-) Maybe next year!











What??
No fireworks??

2 comments:

Jayne said...

Isn't it great to say that you all had a good time, even though the blasts didn't happen! Times spent with good friends are there own "blasts" in and of themselves!

I don't think my thought came out the right way, but oh well!!

Katy said...

I just found your blog - yippee!!! The fireworks got cancelled last year at the oceanfront too - so annoying! It was because of wind or something ridiculous. The kids looked so bummed! :(

Busch Gardens July 2008