background

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Last Day in East Waterboro, Maine!


Today was a big, brave day for Benjamin! I didn't even get a picture of it because they waited until I went up to the house but Benjamin DOVE head first off the platform. Grandpa was out on the dock teaching him to dive and he asked if he could try the platform. Well being the overprotective Momma that I am, I immediately told him that it was much too dangerous. Well.... let's just say half way up the lawn I looked and there is Benjamin diving head first off the platform with Daddy and Grandpa cheering him on. So much for me protecting my little boy!!! Let's just say dive one was a face/belly flop but he didn't let that get him down and he tried it again! I cannot believe how much braver he has become since last summer when we were here.
I am so sad that we are leaving here tomorrow. It has truly been a relaxing, enjoyable time. All fun and not work!! Next stop will be Portland for two nights with Pete's sister and then on Saturday we pick my parents up at the airport and we will head to our hometown of Bridgton to visit our enormous family. We have rented a three bedroom cabin on Woods Pond. It should be a wonderful time catching up with family and friends. I am sure I will get lots of pictures but there will be no opportunity to update my blog - not sure if internet service is even available in my hometown :-) he he!!!

2 comments:

tarita said...

April enjoy the time and create those special memories.

Natalie said...

GO BENJAMIN!!!! What a brave boy...April I can just imagine your face!!! Sounds like you are having the most marvelous time...keep having fun and hug that William for me!

Busch Gardens July 2008