background

Monday, July 21, 2008

He Delivered!!

Some of you may have seen the pictures of the unbelievable scrapbooking armoire that Pete built me this year around Mother's Day. I designed it on paper and let him know what I was wanted to incorporate into it. The goal was to lessen my scrapbooking space which was at the time 1/2 of the room over the garage. I wanted to redesign that space for Sophia's dreamy bedroom :-) Unfortunately, there was no way that the guest room bed and all my "stuff" would fit into her old room. So the plans unfolded! At first he wasn't thrilled about the idea of all of this moving around but when I challenged him to build the cabinet he was ONBOARD!
This venture led to him listing it on eBay to see what kind of interest there would be for local pickup. Well..... he just delivered an armoire to Newport News this weekend. The lady that ordered it wanted a different design which included a pull out workspace. Needless to say, the lady was thrilled when Pete delivered her armoire this weekend! I am so thankful that the project is done and I think for now, Pete is going to put his little side business on hold :-)

Photos of my Scrapbooking Armoire!











Photo of the inside of the ordered Scrapbooking Armoire!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

WOW...Isn't it great having handy hubbies?!?!?!

Katy said...

HOLY COW April - that is AMAZING!!! I'm just awestruck at the sight of it! IncrediblE!

Mandy said...

That is amazing! It looks like something you'd go buy in a store somewhere...Pete is very handy for sure! I had no idea!

Busch Gardens July 2008